President Donald Trump said he was not interested in fighting in “Brawlmania” tournament held in the U.S. last weekend, after the game was cancelled.
Trump tweeted Friday morning that he was “not interested” in fighting, though he added, “I don’t care what you think.”
“Brawl will go on.
But I’m not interested.
I’m interested in winning,” Trump wrote in the tweet.
Trump’s comments came after the International Game Developers Association said Saturday that the games “brawl” tournament was canceled due to safety concerns.
The IGA had announced Saturday that players in the tournament could only compete with each other and not others, and no spectators could enter the field.
The event was scheduled to take place at the San Diego Convention Center, with a total of 50 players playing in five groups of eight players each.
Trump has criticized the IGA for not doing more to prevent violence in video games, calling them the “greatest scam on the planet.”
Trump, a longtime developer and critic of the industry, has been a vocal critic of video games since he launched his presidential bid in 2016.
Trump also said Saturday he did not want to fight in the “Boom” video game tournament that took place earlier this month in Germany.
He was referring to the “Punch-Out” arcade game, which is one of the most popular video games in the world.